New York EPCS Overview:
Are you ready for NY I-STOP???
Are you ready to e-Prescribe?
Do you know how to register with EPCS?
Do you know how to electronically query PMP?
If you answered 'No' to any of the above questions, iMed e-Rx can help!!
What is I-STOP?
New York’s Internet System for Tracking Over-Prescribing (I-STOP) with its PMP capabilities aims to reduce the number of mishaps caused addiction and the over-prescription of Opioids. I-STOP system offers improved electronic monitoring methods.
(1) All prescriptions, for both legend and controlled drugs, must be sent electronically by March 27, 2016;
(2) All providers in New York State must electronically query the state Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) before prescribing controlled substances.
"I-STOP"MANDATES SEVERE PENALTIES FOR NONCOMPLIANCE IN NEW YORK. THE LAW REQUIRES THAT ALL NEW YORK STATE PROVIDERS ELECTRONICALLY PRESCRIBE BOTH LEGEND AND CONTROLLED DRUG PRESCRIPTIONS BY MARCH 27, 2016. TO LEARN MORE INCLUDING PRICE, CLICK HERE
Advantages of I-STOP:
I-STOP helps practitioners to evaluate their patients who needs controlled substance for their recovery and prevent prescription drug abuse and overdose.
It prevents dispensers from yielding to prescription fraud. I-STOP/PMP is a secured, 100% electronic prescription system does not require paper prescription pads prone to be stolen, forged, or altered to obtain a prescription drug. In addition, it offers features to minimize prescription errors, prevent doctor shopping,
How do I sign up for I-STOP?
In two steps:
- First, register with Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement (BNE)
- Second, get an HCS account.
While registering with BNE, you would need to provide the following information
1. Name of certified e-prescribing software application:
2. Software version certified :
3. Name of software application provider (company name):
To download the NY EPCS Registration form click here
An HCS account allows you to consult the
Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP)
Registry database to check the patient’s
prescription history when writing a
prescription for a Schedule II, III and IV
Call us 1-800-515-0095 and we will get you on-board through our quick,easy, compliant, and inexpensive EPCS solution.